Tuesday, March 31, 2009

3/31: Auto of the Day


Player: Mo Vaughn
Card: 1994 Topps
Date: 1/16/09 in 20 Days
Address: Hit Dog Training Center 57 French Street Stoughton, MA 02072

This was one of the autos I got back from the first batch of ttm I ever sent. I remember Mo very strongly in his career with the Red Sox, Angles, and Mets in the 90's and 00's. My fondest memory was booing him when he came to town as a Met because big Moe crowded the plate so bad, it was too hard to pitch to him. The reason why I love this card so much was because of his skinny figure. Anybody that knows baseball can tell Mo either got very fat over the years, or was a product of the roids. In my opinion, he just got big. If you ever read the Mitchell Report, page 186 says "Vaughn reportedly bought human growth hormone (hGH) from Kirk Radomski leaving behind 3 checks made out to Radomski beginning in 2001. Radomski told investigators that he never sold Vaughn any anabolic steroids because Vaughn was "afraid of the big needles."

As for his signing rates, he isn't too good. Since December of 07, he has only signed a few times c/o his work. He used to sign a lot in 04, but has been very streaky since. Also, there has been many reports that he uses a ghost signer, but I am 99.9% sure that this one is legit. I have another Vaughn on 2000 Pacific if anybody wants to take a crack at it.

-LanceBurnitz

No comments:

Post a Comment